Mage: Yesterdays Dreams

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mage: Yesterdays Dreams

A Mage chronicle forum

2 posters

Question and Answer

admin
    admin
    Admin

Question and Answer Empty Question and Answer

Post  admin Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Tom sent me an email with some great questions that i thought i would post with answers here. if I get any more questions i will try to post them under this topic as well.

“If I am doing things in game, do I direct my actions here or Message the Admin on the forum site?

If you are doing an action that anyone can see or you want others to know about you would post it in the Cantina. If you have an action that is secret you can pm the admin or one of the specific characters if it only pertains to them(I should be able to monitor all pm’s). Eventually( im still working out the settings) you should be able to post in the Mighty Hermione forum and only the thread starter and admin will be able to see it; as there is a maximum number of pm’s that you can have in your mailbox.

“Have we started yet? “

Not really I’m still getting all the characters assembled and I want to have some pictures and maps in the gallery. But feel free to post and have some light non-cannon interaction with other characters and npcs so people can get familiar with how the forum works. The forum will continue to be in a state of construction until all the bugs are worked out.

“Will we start before you leave? “

Yes I want to get the game underway before I leave so that any technical and logistical problems that crop up are resolved before I go as it will be easier to do if I can have someone over to the house and explain things in person.
    Floyd A Grecko
    Floyd A Grecko

Question and Answer Empty Re: Question and Answer

Post  Floyd A Grecko Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:11 am

Should we continue to converse in "Welcome to my Cantina", or can we start new posts about other subjects?

I meant "Has anyone seen Billy Bob?" to be a wake-like conversation (for the dead) and then end, or not as the case may be. If we continue to converse in the same heading, won't it get unwieldy?

I noticed you moved out conversation to another thread, my ultimate question is what is posting etiquette, and or structure?

An alternative is to lock thread whose subjects ran their course, but I do agree that parts of the "Billy Bob" post belonged in the "Cantina " post.
    admin
    admin
    Admin

Post  admin Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I merged the billybob and cantina thread because people were posting introductions in the billybob thread. Feel free to make new posts about whatever topics suit your fancy, if it is pertaining to or taking place in the chantry it should go in the mighty Hermione forum. I would like people to stay on topic in the threads that exist and if you have something to post that does not fit anywhere start a new thread. You may "call out" any npc to talk or interact at any time, the island is small enough that its not hard to find anyone.
    In the future i will try to be more selective in moving individual posts into the more correct thread but so many had been mixed i just decided to merge the threads.
    When i start the actual story there will be relevant story threads that i will create that any actions are to take place in. and all actions will have to take place within a determined time (day, week, month) that will be determined by the post.
    I hope that answered your questions, Keep em comming!javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')
    admin
    admin
    Admin

Post  admin Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:01 pm

I got a great message from Steve with questions on how to spend XP

I have been marking on my character sheet every time I use a talent, skill, or knowledge. Do you require any other training to gain another dot?

I think that this is a great way to do this. Essentially you have to prove that you have been using the skill in a way that is indicative of the next level. I am the final arbiter of whether you can raise a skill just ask me and if i say no at this time i can tell you what you can do to raise it. Mentors can teach you abilities and with time can even reduce the xp expenditure.

Or how about a first dot? Is it any different gaining a first dot in an ability versus a second dot?

Not really it just costs more(3) keep in mind that raising knowledges costs current rating not 2x current rating.

And as far as raising a point in a Sphere or in Arete, I assume that my mentor (or a chantry library or something) is integral.

Yes some mentor involvement is a requirement but the time required varies wildly according to situation, use, mentor ability, and the level of the sphere.

I think that right now, I would like to raise my Arete from 3 to 4. What would this entail?
    Arete is the most difficult thing in the game to raise. There are two ways in which you are eligible to raise Arete. Arete is the level of a mages understanding of the universe, each time that the mage raises his Arete his view of the world changes, there must be a catalyst for this change.
    1. The mages avatar(you and me) has decided that it is time for the mage to attempt a seeking, a mental and physical trip lead by the avatar that opens secrets to the mage.
    2. The mage can experience something in his life that makes him rethink how the universe works and therefore gain knowledge and an enlightened view of the universe without a seeking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 am