Mage: Yesterdays Dreams

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mage: Yesterdays Dreams

A Mage chronicle forum

+8
Leoben Xero
Nero Tauretto
Savina Luluvo
Adam Pierson
Papi Sorolla
admin
Floyd A Grecko
Martin Philips
12 posters

Welcome to my Cantina

admin
    admin
    Admin

Welcome to my Cantina - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome to my Cantina

Post  admin Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:03 am

The member 'Nero Tauretto' has done the following action : Die rolls

'D10' : 10, 3, 2, 1
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 am

::turns eyes up to Nero, nodes head once, then looks back to Papi::
    Papi Sorolla
    Papi Sorolla

Post  Papi Sorolla Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 am

::Pays no mind to what Nero said:: Come, now. What harm will come of letting my discount carry over to my friend here? (Manipulation[persuasive] + Expression + Enchanting voice)
    admin
    admin
    Admin

Post  admin Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 am

The member 'PapiSorolla' has done the following action : Die rolls

'D10' : 3, 9, 5, 5, 9, 1
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:25 am

(nothing! apparently)

Last edited by Savina Luluvo on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Papi Sorolla
    Papi Sorolla

Post  Papi Sorolla Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:30 am

admin wrote:The member 'PapiSorolla' has done the following action : Die rolls

'D10' : 3, 9, 5, 5, 9, 1

(dude, this is 4 successes, I'm at diff 3)
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:37 am

(frak you lol okay then)

::squints eyes:: "One time. But any future readings are paid in full. For both of you."
    Papi Sorolla
    Papi Sorolla

Post  Papi Sorolla Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 am

::Smiles:: A woman with business sense. I can appreciate that. ::Stands, grabs the two shots, which I assume Marty was kind enough to prepare, from the bar and sets one in front of her as he's retaking his seat. Raises his glass:: Salud!
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:55 am

::uncrosses legs, rolls shoulders back and take a deep breath, closing her eyes and sits like that for a moment::
    ::opens eyes, reshuffles the deck, and places it to her right. Pulls the card off the top::
    "Zee first card is you..." ::places it face up on the table:: "Zee Paige of Questing... Your ambitions are greater zan you are"
    ::pulls the next card off the deck and places it on top of the Paige:: "Zee Knight of Primordialism tells me zat zere is an immediate opportunity for you, but it is yet unclear to me in what it pertains to"
    ::pulls the next card off the stack and places it on top of the Knight, making a cross:: ::inhales sharply (not exaggeratedly) and looks down at the card and tilts head slightly as if there is something she is trying to hear:: ::finally looks up to Papi with wary eyes and says slowly:: "Your option will come in relation to a place of deep shadow"
    perception empathy (Papi)
    (still not finished with the reading, but pausing for a moment)
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:59 am

rolls blocked
    admin
    admin
    Admin

Post  admin Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:59 am

The member 'Savina Luluvo' has done the following action : Die rolls

'D10' : 5, 9, 5, 5
    Papi Sorolla
    Papi Sorolla

Post  Papi Sorolla Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:03 am

::Paying close attention, otherwise hard to read::
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:15 am

::turns back to the cards:: "Your recent past" ::says as pulling the next one from the deck, placing it on the table below the other stack:: "The Ace of Dynamism: You have had a recent opportunity to see though a deception"
    ::pulls next card and places it above the stack (card is facing you this time):: "The inverted Queen of Pattern. You will be able to keep your appearances, despite difficulties in zee near future.:
    "Plans zat have been put into action, yet do not yet bear zee fruit" ::pulls next card and places it to the right of the stack, looks at it, gives a crooked smile and looks up to Papi's eyes:: "Zee Devil.. Your fortune is growing dark... are you sure you wish to continue?" ::looks around at the crowd in the cantina::
    Papi Sorolla
    Papi Sorolla

Post  Papi Sorolla Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:25 am

::Nods, smirking:: Please, finish.
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:49 am

::smiles and speaks:: "Zee Devil. You have undertaken actions of an unsavory nature. Your choices are leading to difficult paths in your future."
    ::looks in Papi's eyes then looks down and pulls card and puts it to the left of the stack, the card is facing you again:: "Justice, reversed. Your current path is one to a life out of balance."
    ::pulls next card placing it to the diagonal right of the Devil:: "Zee High Priestess. Your inner concerns are...[squints] somewhat unclear...knowingness, love relationships... hm, mystic vision, or, introspection..." ::looks as though she is trying to interpret something then moves on, pulling up the next card and places it above the Priestess:: "Zee Hermit. A dark man will bring light in your future [pauses as if there is something else she is mulling over] he is bound to someone... [shakes head slightly] it is unclear"
    ::places next card above the Devil:: "Ah [slight nod and smile] Zee Empress. To whom zee Hermit is bound. He iz a holy man [pauses as though listening to someone] though not of high station. He iz a lay individual in servitude to Zee Empress"
    ::places next card above the Empress:: "Zee Seven of Pattern: Reevaluation. "To avoid zee Hermit in servitude to zee Empress you must do as zee man in zee Seven of Pattern... You must reevaluate your actions."

::sighs, pulls body away from the table a bit, not quite relaxing. looks a little tired:: ::looks up to Papi for response and reaction to reading::
    perception empathy
    admin
    admin
    Admin

Post  admin Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:49 am

The member 'Savina Luluvo' has done the following action : Die rolls

'D10' : 4, 7, 5, 9
    Martin Philips
    Martin Philips

Post  Martin Philips Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:47 am

::Shuffles around drinks to everyone keeping his distance from the tarot reading, leans in to Nero and speaks softy.:: "dont get mixed up in magic kid, only do ya harm." ::He sets down the rest of the drinks and heads back to the bar.
    Nero Tauretto
    Nero Tauretto

Post  Nero Tauretto Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:27 pm

"There's nothing wrong with magic. Look at David Copperfield: who has he hurt other than those 2 or 3 dozen women that he sexually harassed from his audiences? It keeps the adults young at heart, and the young in body entertained when the grown-ups want to get drunk."
    Dr. Alexander Prescott
    Dr. Alexander Prescott

Post  Dr. Alexander Prescott Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 pm

::Inhales sharply, prehaps to clear up from drinking:: "Well, as I said before, I have an appointment that I must keep."

::To Savina:: "It has been lovely, and I appreciate the glimpse into your culture..." ::Indicating the cards with a nod:: "Have a wonderful evening, as if it were possible for you to do otherwise."

::To Papi:: "Hacui Moltato! And thank you for the invite."

::To Marti:: "You have a wonderful establishment, and I expect to be here dreadfully too much, I'm sure."

::To all:: "To all a good evening. I hope to see you all soon"

::Head for the door with a slight swagger that indicates quite a nice buzz::

Last edited by Dr. Alexander Prescott on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelling)
    Nero Tauretto
    Nero Tauretto

Post  Nero Tauretto Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:14 pm

:To Dr. Prescott: "No time for love Dr. Jones."
    Papi Sorolla
    Papi Sorolla

Post  Papi Sorolla Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 pm

::Smiles as she finishes with her reading:: "Gracias. That was a very... interpretive reading."
    ::Stands from his seat, and takes the one beside it:: "Do you mind if I sit here while you perform the next one?"
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 am

(feel free to put interjections at any point in here, and I can make adjustments if need be, but I'm just going to post the whole thing at once)
    "As long as he doesn't mind" ::points with thumb to Nero::
    ::tiredly shuffles cards, taking a long time to do so, making Nero and Papi wait... looks forlornly at the empty glass next to her, continues shuffling::
    ::begins the reading, with less motivation, puts stack of cards to her right. "Please place your hand over the deck. but do not touch" (assume you do so) ::takes a deep breath, puts hand on top of yours then pushes your hand away::
    ::takes a card off the top, placing in the middle of the table:: "You are represented by Justice"
    ::pulls another card from the deck and places it on top of Justice:: "Inverted Temperance covers you. Your state of mind and influences at work are in a state of disunion. Zey lack harmony. Zey may even be competing forces.
    ::places the next card across the others in a cross formation:: "Ze Nine of Pattern. You have within yourself ze power to control zis disharmony.
    ::places next card below the cross:: "King of Primordialism. He is the cause of your inharmonious situation. He comes in the form of a dishonest double dealing man" ::looks to your face for a possible sign of recognition::
    ::places next card to the right of the stack:: "Death. You have just passed or are now passing from a time of change into one of potential stability."
    ::places the next card to the left of the stack...pauses, looks down at the card and back up at Nero. Face becomes very serious, almost an angry look, and speaks harshly, looking Nero in eyes:: "Take heed gaje, listen to the words I speak now, and choose wisely who you spend your time with. The Queen of Dynamism is in your future. She is a malicious and spiteful woman. She is ruthless and cruel. Beware her advice and her friendship. Beware Medea, for your own sake and the others who surround you."
    ::looks warily at Nero, keeping the stern face, blinks hard then my face sinks a bit, the expression softening, as if falling out of a trance. My eyes are still worried, now not looking at Nero. Roll my shoulders around a few times and stretch my neck back and forth, staring at the ground at if looking for something, then suddenly looks back up to Nero, then to Papi, forgetting that he was still here:: "Alright, well..." ::looks to Marty:: "Another drink, please!"
    ::pulls the next card from the deck and places it to the lower right:: "Ze Hierophant represents you in the situation at hand. You have a link to the ancient gods and must maintain a path of spirituality and mysticism."
    ::places next card above the last:: "Ze Eight of Questing. Things are on ze move... and you must move with zem" ::says forcefully::
    ::places next card above the last:: "Seven of Primordialism. There is an abundance of of fresh ideas in your head, so much daydreaming...
    ::places the final card in the upper right:: "Ze Eight of Questing tells you how to handle your situation." ::speaks very seriously again:: "Your situation may be put right if you act in a dignified and mature manner. You may receive help from an adviser. Cooperation with others is key if you are to solve your problems."
    Martin Philips
    Martin Philips

Post  Martin Philips Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:04 pm

::brings around another round of drinks mumbling and grumbling as he walks away from the tarot reading.::dif 8 to hear "Fruit cakes in the galaxy fruitcakes on the earth... fruitcakes in my bar"
    Nero Tauretto
    Nero Tauretto

Post  Nero Tauretto Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Thank you for the reading, it was illuminating. I know you and Papi arranged for mine to be on the house, but maybe you'd let me do something to you in return? :Gets wide-eyed at the Freudian slip: I mean FOR you. Like a favor. NON-SEXUAL. Not that I don't want to have sex with you...SHIT! :Runs out the door:
    Savina Luluvo
    Savina Luluvo

Post  Savina Luluvo Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:33 pm

::looks to Papi and starts laughing lightly:: ::looks down at the cards and begins to slowly to put them away, contemplative look on face::

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:15 am