Mage: Yesterdays Dreams

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mage: Yesterdays Dreams

A Mage chronicle forum

Neverending Story

Floyd A Grecko
    Floyd A Grecko

Neverending Story Empty Neverending Story

Post  Floyd A Grecko Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:36 pm

The Neverending Story

I have heard complaints about things to do here. I have decided to provide solutions by what means provided by admin (Jason). You may have seen the "Lyric Game" elsewhere in this forum. I invite you to contribute, some already have. The second idea I have is a Neverending Tale. In turn each of us write a phrase to a paragraph, telling an ongoing story, a group effort. The next poster picks up the thread, continuing with the narrative. (Although ours will be a little more linear than the link's.)

For a subject, I suggest the story already here. We take the characters of the memberlist and write tales about them. This story is a creative exercise, and is not necessarily reflective of the story Jason is telling. Although I plan to plum its depths for story ideas to steal.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I will start. Just not right now.

Happy Storytelling!
    Floyd A Grecko
    Floyd A Grecko

Neverending Story Empty Re: Neverending Story

Post  Floyd A Grecko Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 pm

The clouds weigh heavy, buffeted by the cold air coming from the north. The vapor sags and coalesces, dropping into the abyss below. The waves slap each other, greedily reaching up for the essence from above. The currents are moved by thermal tides and the pull of the moon. Where finally, the water’s journey ends, ponderously washing away the sea-side foundations of Marty’s Cantina.
    Floyd A Grecko
    Floyd A Grecko

Post  Floyd A Grecko Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:26 pm

The Cantina looked like one of those kitchy, touristy places. Humble walls and open windows covered above by onion topped straw roof. It looked like the kind of establishment Robinson Caruso would cocktail with Friday on said day around sunset. Barely clad serving girls bringing out the bar's board of fair in coconut halves, adorned with umbrellas. The interior didn't challenge anyone's preconceived notions, either. Rickety bamboo furniture, scattered haphazardly, clashed with the grand piano in the corner of the room. Memorabilia threatened to rain down on unprepared customers in a storm of nostalgia from the tops of the walls. Any thing you liked could have been bought at the gift shop not a stones throw away. The theme was the crassest of beach combing laziness ever belched forth from a uncreative mind. It was putrid to the eyes. It was a purgatory for the mind. It was best summed up in one word: paradise.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 am