Mage: Yesterdays Dreams

A Mage chronicle forum


    Looking for an adventure.

    Share
    avatar
    Papi Sorolla

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 26
    Location : Florida Keys

    Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Papi Sorolla on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:30 am

    Perhaps I've been watching too much American television (Lost) but I feel that this island needs to be explored. My sister and I will be doing so, who would like to go with us?
    avatar
    Floyd A Grecko

    Posts : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 47
    Location : The Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Floyd A Grecko on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:11 pm

    If you cool your jets, 'til after my shift, I can stroll. Especially if your sister is coming.
    :: Starts playing Gilligan's Island ::
    (Charisma + Performance)




    "Ugh, that was terrible"


    Last edited by Johny Trea on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Reflect die roll)
    avatar
    admin
    Admin

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2010-02-15
    Location : Horizon

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  admin on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:11 pm

    The member 'Johny Trea' has done the following action : Die rolls

    'D10' : 5, 3, 1, 6, 3, 1, 8, 5
    avatar
    Nero Tauretto

    Posts : 136
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 25
    Location : Florida Keys

    dude!

    Post  Nero Tauretto on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:46 pm

    I'm totally in! Just let me grab my pack. ::presents hand for handshake::
    My name's Nero.
    avatar
    Floyd A Grecko

    Posts : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 47
    Location : The Keys

    Wait a Minute.

    Post  Floyd A Grecko on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:27 pm

    If we are going to do this thing, we might as well do it right. Okay. First, we need to think about survival. We are going to go and expose ourselves to a most savage paradise, so need provisions. I'm talking eats, here, food and water. Water and food, natch? and something to carry it in. I suggest a cooler, so as our goodies don't go bad on our way to grandma's. Second we need ice, because that's just solid water, which we need. For food, I suggest fermented bread, in bottles preferably.

    Second, we need light. I know my friend Papi, here, smokes. (::To Papi::Hey, how about one of those while we're at it.) And that means he's got fire. FI-RE. Prometheous' gift to man. I imagine we will be seeing some drift wood along the way, which we'll make into toarches, good, or a camp-fire, better.

    Lastly, I just happened to bring my guitar*, which we will need, in case of bears.

    *Rote:Subconscience Precognition:Mind Suspect , Time Cool Shocked /Coincidental
    I "Empower Self" (mind) to "Future Sight" (time), subconsciencely, every time I wake, so that I can "happen" to have any object I could "reasonably" have gotten, previously. A cheap, dirty, and definately GM fiat form of the "Magic Useful Bag", as seen on the "Dungeon and Dragons" TV cartoon: Presto's Hat. I roll at the time of need, and if I succeed (GM sets needed number of successes, casting sets difficulty), I "happen " to have grabbed or purchased the item before being here (Time and Logic allowing, GM fiat).

    Difficulty :5 (Three plus the highest involved sphere)


    (Player arguement:one success for a flavor effect):: Johny picks up guitar, to make sure it's in tune. ::


    Last edited by Johny Trea on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to "hopefully" reflect die roll)
    avatar
    admin
    Admin

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2010-02-15
    Location : Horizon

    Wait a Minute.

    Post  admin on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:27 pm

    The member 'Johny Trea' has done the following action : Die rolls

    'D10' : 7, 6, 1
    avatar
    Savina Luluvo

    Posts : 137
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 27
    Location : Marquesas Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Savina Luluvo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 am

    ::looks up from table, smiles at Johny's piano playing:: "I doubt we will need so moch. I'm sure zere are frute trees all over zee island. And, after all, eet ees a rezort... Unless you were planning on takingk one of zee hikingk trails?"
    avatar
    Papi Sorolla

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 26
    Location : Florida Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Papi Sorolla on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am

    ::Shakes the young man's hand:: Nero, I am Papi. ::gestures to his sister:: This is Emigdia. Happy to have you along.

    ::Turns to Johny and Savina:: I believe the lady is correct. This is the tropics. The island will provide for us.

    ::Smiles:: So, why don't we go in two groups. Myself, and Ms... Savina, is it? Will go west. The young man, and the old one ::said good-naturedly (charisma + etiquette {enchanting voice}):: Can fight for my sister's attention as they head East. And we'll follow the outer crescent and meet for some lunch in the middle? And Johny, don't forget that guitar.
    avatar
    admin
    Admin

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2010-02-15
    Location : Horizon

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  admin on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am

    The member 'PapiSorolla' has done the following action : Die rolls

    'D10' : 7, 3, 9, 5
    avatar
    Savina Luluvo

    Posts : 137
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 27
    Location : Marquesas Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Savina Luluvo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:58 am

    "Zat sounds all right." ::downs her drink and picks up her belongings from the table and folds them into her skirt:: "Lead zee way, Giorgio!" ::says sarcastically smiling at Papi::
    avatar
    Leoben Xero

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 58
    Location : The Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Leoben Xero on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:50 pm

    ::stands and grabs up a leather messenger Bag and in a sing-song voice says:: Where are you going I don't mind,Ive killed my world and Ive killed my time, So where do I go what do I see, I see many people coming after me, So where are you going to I don't mind, If I live too long Im afraid Ill die, So I will follow you wherever you go, If your offered hand is still open to me, Strangers on this road we are on, We are not many we are one!
    avatar
    Floyd A Grecko

    Posts : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 47
    Location : The Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Floyd A Grecko on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:47 am

    :: picks up guitar and starts to play lightly behind Ieoben, and then heads to the door::
    (Charisma + performance)


    Last edited by Johny Trea on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    admin
    Admin

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2010-02-15
    Location : Horizon

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  admin on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:47 am

    The member 'Johny Trea' has done the following action : Die rolls

    'D10' : 10, 9, 2, 4, 10, 4, 3, 1
    avatar
    Dr. Alexander Prescott

    Posts : 37
    Join date : 2010-02-27
    Location : London, England

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Dr. Alexander Prescott on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:53 am

    ::Gets up from the bar and downs the last of his drink. Obviously buzzed and rosie::
    "Rhight, just like in all those adventure serials, 'DUKE FLAGSTONE And The Darkest Africa!' I'm up for adventure as much as the next bloke. Martan my good man may I leave my luggage here... prehaps behin' the bar or the like? (Charisma + Ettiquete)

    "I will insist, however that the ladies be properly chaperoned. Too many a time have an expadition run afowl of nefarious intents. The whole thing bulloxed up ::waving arms to illistrate now:: over this or that. And another thing... what the hell am I talking about again?!
    avatar
    admin
    Admin

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2010-02-15
    Location : Horizon

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  admin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:53 am

    The member 'Dr. Alexander Prescott' has done the following action : Die rolls

    'D10' : 5, 7, 8, 1, 8, 6, 2
    avatar
    Papi Sorolla

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 26
    Location : Florida Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Papi Sorolla on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:07 pm

    You, my friend are precisely correct. This is why I have a special request of you, if you wouldn't mind to oblige. ::Puts an arm around the doctor's shoulders for a moment, and as it drops he gestures toward the open door with his other hand where are seen the backs of the four adventurers who left moments before.:: I worry of the intents of those three all alone with mi hermana. I wouldn't want her to be "bollocksed-up" as you would say. A proper, English, gentleman to watch out for her interests is what I need. If you leave now you'll be able to catch up with them before their feet touch the sand. Can you do this for me? (Fast talk w/ specialties etc... see pm)
    avatar
    admin
    Admin

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2010-02-15
    Location : Horizon

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  admin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:07 pm

    The member 'PapiSorolla' has done the following action : Die rolls

    'D10' : 3, 7, 7, 8, 1, 5, 4, 4
    avatar
    Savina Luluvo

    Posts : 137
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 27
    Location : Marquesas Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Savina Luluvo on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:58 am

    ::interrupts the "private" conversation between Papi and Prescott:: "Perhaps, if you are so concerned about zee safety of your seester, zen we should switch places so you don't have to worry about her.... I will tell her zat you would feel it safer with her by your side" ::turns to catch up with Johny, et al::
    avatar
    Papi Sorolla

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 26
    Location : Florida Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Papi Sorolla on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:32 pm

    Ew.. she spit on me... ::wipes at the shoulder of his shirt:: Now, doctor? Are you still with me? Can you do this favor?
    avatar
    Dr. Alexander Prescott

    Posts : 37
    Join date : 2010-02-27
    Location : London, England

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Dr. Alexander Prescott on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:50 am

    ::Blinking several times to clear his head::
    "Which... is your sister? Oh, I'll sort it out! You can count on me."
    avatar
    Papi Sorolla

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 26
    Location : Florida Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Papi Sorolla on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 pm

    I tell you what. There will be two girls with them now. You watch out for both of them, and I will see to it that you're luggage makes it to your new room at the resort. I'm certain that Jill can show me which it is. Is this okay? ::Wears a friendly smile as he speaks.::
    avatar
    Dr. Alexander Prescott

    Posts : 37
    Join date : 2010-02-27
    Location : London, England

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Dr. Alexander Prescott on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:28 am

    "Capital! Well met papi, well met." ::Runs out the door to catch up with the 'adventuring' party.::
    avatar
    Martin Philips

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 58
    Location : Marquesas Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Martin Philips on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:08 pm

    ::waits for everyone but papi to leave:: "so you talked yourself out of the adventure you were looking for why?"
    avatar
    Papi Sorolla

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 26
    Location : Florida Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Papi Sorolla on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:25 pm

    Who, me? Come now, Martin. I can find adventure anywhere. May I have one for the road? I have to go find Jill ::begins gathering up the pile of luggage into something manageable::
    avatar
    Martin Philips

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 58
    Location : Marquesas Keys

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Martin Philips on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:01 am

    ::Puts a drink on the bar:: "jill is usually just across the way in the lobby building, if youd like i can call over a bus boy?"

    Sponsored content

    Re: Looking for an adventure.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:57 pm